Monday, 20 April 2009

Mid-way through my majorly busy weekend ...

Hey everyone!

So I am mid-way through my majorly busy weekend, I have an essay due in in around 5 hours and in around 6 hours I am getting a train to London. Yesterday I had the orientation for my programme in Birmingham which was amazing! The BUNAC director is SO funny and it was such a laugh to listen to him talk and reel in all the good advice all the different people there had to offer. So saturday I came back to Bangor, then a few hours later got a train to Birmingham, then ... believe it or not folks I successfully used a map to navigate my way to the hostel. Was a bit apprehensive if I am honest at first, ended up going for a breather to subway in apparently one of Birmingham's roughest areas. But the subway was nice and it gave me a chance to pull myself together and get back to the hostel. Then ended up playing wii mario kart with some australians and some americans which was cool. Then yeah, I had the orientation the next day and hey presto last night very late I arrived back in Bangor having done 1,000 words of my essay on the train. Woooh! Now I just have the other 1,500 to reel off pretty fast lol. But ah well. Then later I am going down to London and staying over at the Generator hostel before I have my interview at 8am at the US Embassy. Considering I have to be up at around 6 to ensure I am at the BUNAC office by 7. It's going to be a long day. Especially seen as I will only be getting back in Bangor at like midnight or later. But I am already starting to feel a bit of a travelling buzz. Especially after orientation the other day. It's filled my with confidence to go out there and really make a difference to the kids lives that I will be working with.

Right I guess I really better had get down to my essay now...

~Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment