Tuesday, 23 June 2009

Almost 1 week into camp!

Hey everyone!

In terms of the journey over it was good. Only one major problem that turned minor. When we got to baggage claim after being in the immigration cue for like an hour and a half my bag wasn't there and never arrived. So I almost had to file a claim for my entire belongings for 3 months until I realised a similar looking bag there. In the end a guy called Shaun had taken it and I ended up walking through his bag with customs at the request of the baggage claim guy and switching. It was a scary experience but I held it together with the aid of my newly made amazing friends who continued to help me out along every step of the way! Thanks guys!

New York was fun! We were only there for a bit and didnt get to experience the full bustling experience but none the less it was enjoyable even if we were all tired. We went to a resteraunt that was actually called " The Resteraunt" so that was interesting and the BLT sandwich I had there was to die for.

The train journey to camp was amazing even if it turned out to be in the region of 11-12 hours. The conductors in there differing styles were extremely entertaining along with the "I was dancing in the disco ... bumpaty bumper ... when all of a sudden ... I said "Where is my jumper"" song.

Camp is amazing in EVERY aspect. The people are great, the food is great, the kids are great. I absolutely LOVE it here. I can't wait for proper camp to begin even though training is just as fun!
I am so glad I am here, all the nerves and all the paperwork were totally worth it! :) This morning I taught kids lacrosse (whilst playing it for the first time myself aswell) and yesterday we taught them how to throw and catch a frisbee so it's been REALLY rewarding even just so far. I LOVE staying in a tent it's amazing and unlike in the UK there is no need to close the tent flaps. We just sleep with them open all the time it's one heck of an experience I absolutely love it.

In terms of food I ate a "biscuit" for the first time this morning and feel fully able to clarify the American version of a "biscuit" when I get back to the UK. After countless conversations with Carla as to what a biscuit actually is I feel relieved to now possess the knowledge haha.

I would love to write all day but I am in the library and have limited time as we need to do other stuff soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment